The time for HR professionals to partner with the business is over. HR professionals now must be strategic leaders within the organization, possessing a wide range of business skills and technical acumen. HR professionals must also posses the ability to lead with confidence – and not just within the HR department. They are tasked now with a number of critical change initiatives, new programs, and organizational duties that require genuine, authoritative, empathetic, and passionate leadership. This track will explore how HR leadership is evolving in the contemporary organization, and why HR professionals hold immense potential for organizational growth.
It’s no secret that workplaces across the globe are engaging in unprecedented growth and change in an effort to dominate their respective industries. This insightful session will explore how trust in leadership is lost due to the unexpected outcomes of organizational change. When employees lose trust in their leaders, morale declines, productivity decreases, and disengagement increases. Professor Bowman will provide actionable steps on how HR professionals can restore confidence in organizational leaders by creating a culture of transparency, consistency, accountability, and courage.
Organisational culture is fast becoming a top priority for executive leaders and they are looking to their HR leaders for culture strategies to fuel their future success. Drawing from the latest 2019 global research data on workplace culture, David will share trends and insights into how forward-thinking leaders are building powerful and meaningful micro-experiences that connect employees to their purpose, leaders and business results.
The Lunch will be served in the Exhibition Area, where you will have the opportunity to meet with your fellow HR Professionals and network. During the break, there will be Day Stage sessions, content-driven presentations delivered by our Sponsoring Partners.
Join Signify’s global head of Talent and OD for an insightful case study on HR and Organization Transformation.
Why this topic?
Changing competitive landscape:
The lighting industry is undergoing a rapid transformation and has shifted from Lamps and CFLIs to more energy efficient and cost effective LEDs. The lighting industry is constantly evolving towards more digital and connected lighting.
New name and identity:
In 2014 Philips announced its intent to divest the lighting business. This led to us forming our new identify and becoming a stand alone company. In 2016 we became a stand-alone company and got listed one the Amsterdam Stock Exchange under the ticker “LIGHT”. In 2018 we announced on the. In 2018 we announced our new name as Signify.
What does it mean for us:
These changes meant 3 things for us:
1. We had to re-look at our leadership bench in the context of stand alone organization : Decide where to “build” vs “buy”
2. Due to the industry shift we had to look at new capabilities in the space of LED, Electronics, Systems and Services, Connected lighting and invest differently in R&D, sales, marketing and supply chain.
3. Redefine our Employer Value Proposition and build our new employer brand for both external and internal talents.
Actions / Initiatives undertaken over last 5 years to redefine our talent agenda:
1. Redefine our EVP linked to our new identity
2. Focus on leadership development for top 500 leaders in the organization: launching our new leadership development portfolio EDGE aimed at leaders across different levels
3. Strengthen our leadership bench and succession plans for top 500 positions in the organization: we have more than 75% strong succession health across the organization for key positions
4. Providing more internal career options to our talents – more than 70% leadership appointments are from within linked to our philosophy of being a talent builder
5. Launch and strengthen our Fit For Future competency development programs targeted at critical jobs across the organization covering more than 4000 people
6. Launching a new digital learning platform to offer more customized and on demand learning solutions to our employees covering more than 12000 people
7. Using technology (Workday) as our one source of truth for driving talent discussions and analytics
Signify is the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and lighting for the Internet of Things. Our energy efficient lighting products, systems and services enable our customers to enjoy a superior quality of light, and make people’s lives safer and more comfortable, and businesses more productive and cities more livable. With 2018 sales of EUR 6.4 billion, approximately 28,000 employees and a presence in over 70 countries, we globally unlock the extraordinary potential of light. For more than 125 years we have pioneered breakthroughs in lighting and been the driving force for many innovations. Our track record in innovation is strong and we invest heavily in R&D to stay at the forefront of technological developments. Signify continues to innovate in LED lighting and is leading the industry’s expansion to lighting systems in both the professional and consumer markets. Our position as the industry leader in connected lighting, makes Signify the lighting company for the Internet of Things (IoT).